THE ENROLMENT PROCESS
PROCEDURES FOR 2014 ENROLMENT
- Enrolment applications for 2014 will be received by mail or in person at the Glendowie College office (8am - 4pm) Monday to Friday. The Prospectus and enrolment applications will be distributed to the following contributing schools: St Heliers, Glendowie, Glen Taylor, St Thomas's, Churchill Park, Remuera Intermediate and Kohimarama. Enrolment applications will also be available from the Glendowie College office from Friday 1 June 2013.
- Applications being mailed should be addressed to: The Principal, Enrolment Application, Glendowie College, Crossfield Road, Auckland 1071
- The closing date for Out-of-Zone applications for Years 9, 11, 12, & 13 is Wednesday 4 September 2013.
- There will be no places offered for Out-of-Zone Year 10 enrolments for 2014
- To assist the college with its planning, In Zone applications for Year 9 should be received by Wednesday 4 September 2013. In Zone applicants have automatic right to entry. No interviews are required.
- The ballot date for all Out-of-Zone applicants is Wednesday 11 September 2013.
- Out-of-Zone applicants will be notified by mail of their place on the ballot.
PLEASE CAREFULLY CHECK THAT THE APPLICATION FORMS ARE COMPLETED AND THE SUPPLEMENTARY RELEVANT DOCUMENTION IS ATTACHED.
- Completed all the details on the application form and provided a recent passport size photograph.
- In zone applicants have completed the signed Statutory Declaration and had it signed by a person authorised to take Statutory Declarations.
- In zone applicants have completed the Enrolment Questionnaire.
- Completed subject selection, health information, Cybersafety Use Agreement
- In zone applicants have included a copy of your recent rates and electricity accounts for residential address verification.
- In zone applicants renting/leasing must include a copy of a long term current rental/lease agreement showing the date the tenancy commenced and the period of the tenancy, and a recent electricity account. A recent telephone account will not be accepted.
- Included a copy of the applicant's latest school report.
- New Zealand Residents only: included a photocopy of the applicant's Birth Certificate or current passport.
- For Non New Zealand Residents only: included a copy of applicant's and parents' passports showing NZ Permanent Residency (PR) if applicable AND copies of Residence Permit or Residence Visa from the passports. With the Returning Residence Visa, the permit stamp must be displayed.
- OR included a copy of student's passport showing NZ Student Visa and/or Student Permit as well as parent's passport showing NZ Work Permit (if applicable).
The address for all return mail will be the "Student's Residential Address". The address given should be the student's usual home address.
The Contact Person in event of an emergency should be a relative or neighbour who can be contacted during the day by the school should some medical or other unforeseen emergency arise, and will only be phoned if neither parent or caregiver cannot be contacted.
Please telephone the school office 5759128 extension 135 8:00am - 4:00pm Monday to Friday or